The MC110CS is a media converter designed to convert 100BASE-FX fiber to 100Base-TX copper media or vice versa. Designed under IEEE 802.3u 10/100Base-TX and 100Base-FX standards, the MC110CS is designed for use with single-mode fiber cable utilizing the SC-Type connector. The MC110CS supports longwave (LX) laser specification at a full wire speed forwarding rate. It works at 1310nm on both transmitting and receiving data.
Other features of this module include the ability to be used as a stand alone device (no chassis required) or with TP-LINK's 19" system chassis, Auto MDI/MDI-X for TX port, auto negotiation of duplex mode on TX port, and front panel status LEDs. The MC110CS will transmit at extended fiber optic distances utilizing single-mode fiber up to 20 kilometers.
- Complies with 802.3u 10/100Base-TX, 100Base-FX standards
- Link fault passthrough and far end fault minimize the loss caused by link failure timely
- Provides switch configuration of half-duplex / full-duplex transfer mode for FX port
- Extends fiber distance up to 20-60km
- Auto negotiation of 10/100Mbps and auto MID/MID-X for TX port
- Easy-to-view LED indicators provide status to monitor network activity easily
- External power supply